- Club Started on 12th March by Val Smith who had undiagnosed Identical twin girls - Caroline & Louise at 37 weeks- 5lb 7oz & 5lb 4oz.
- Val Barker took over as secretary
- Anna Duburguet (now Anna Ward) took over as secretary.
- First IVF triplets born in Kennedy, USA
- First club Christmas party.
- First sponsored walk round Poole Park raising £100 for Egnell breast pumps at Royal Victoria Hospital
- First Outing on Wilts & Dorset double-decker bus to Paultons Park
- First newsletter published in October
- First BBQ
- Ferndown Twins Club joined us in May
- Most attended meeting in March with 26 people!
- First of many parties at Townsend Community Centre
- First toddler groups started in Parkstone St. John’s Church
- First Car Boot Sale at Summerbee Junior School
- First IVF twins due in the club.
- Our 10th anniversary
- First visit to the pantomime to see Snow White
- Most attended meeting in November with 31!
- Highest attended meeting in March with 36.
- 18th Anniversary
- First of many twice-yearly nearly new sales at Annunciation Church Hall.
- Gemini Toddler Group started by Sharon Hares using Moordown Health Clinic as a base.
- Under 1s Club at Moordown Health Clinic started. Sunbeams Group formed after Gemini Club closed
- Little Pears Group formed
- Antenatal classes commenced at Poole Hospital.
- 25th Anniversary
- Little Pears closed in July
- Nickie Johnston started Somerford daytime twin group with the help of the Children’s Centre
- Jackie Sarafopolous and Amanda Catlin started Take Two toddler group at Boscombe Children’s Centre with the help of Suz-Anne Curtis
- Anna Raisin took over production of newsletters
- First Twins, Triplets or More week picnic at Christchurch Quay
- Take Two and Bournemouth and District Twin Club merged and Boscombe and Somerford day time groups came under the club umbrella
- A committee was formed to take the club forwards and Anna Ward stepped aside as secretary and was replaced by Anna Raisin
- Piloting of our own parent craft/ antenatal day at Somerford in May
- Louisa Peddle started producing antenatal packs for expectant mums
- Somerford antenatal classes run 3 times a year
- Membership at 70 with families from as far a field as Swanage and Lymington.
- New committee to be formed in March
- TAMBA’s 30th anniversary – we are in the Echo with our toddler birthday parties
- New daytime groups started in Kinson by Susan Lee and by Octavia Morgana and Amanda Simmonds in Wimborne
- Meeting with Head of Midwifery in Poole to improve antenatal care for those expecting multiples
- A £45 charge was introduced for antenatal classes to cover costs and raise funds for the club
- New Bournemouth and District Twin Club logo designed by Kevin Cowlard and team at Tandi.
- New links established In Ringwood with local midwives, Southampton – St Mary’s Maternity Unit and Salisbury Hospital
- Spring launch of our website www.bournemouthtwins.co.uk